COVID-19 Assumption of Risk
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Westside Soccer Club (the “Club”) is authorized to return to play by the State of Oregon pursuant to the health and safety regulations currently in effect (as may be modified) in response to the pandemic known as the “COVID-19” virus. The Club is committed to following best practices as published by federal and state health authorities to protect your children and our athletes (the “Athlete” or “Athletes”). This ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY is known as the “Agreement”.
The Club even following best practices cannot eliminate the potential risk of infection to its staff, Athletes, and their families. The COVID-19 virus is extremely contagious and spreads primarily through person-to-person contact. The Club’s safety measures are in effect at club activities only: The Club has no control over where an Athlete may go outside of practice or with whom that Athlete may interact. Allowing your Athlete to return to play with the Club is your acknowledgment that the Club cannot guarantee that you or your Athlete will not come into contact with or become infected by the COVID-19 virus. The mere physical presence at Club activities could increase your risk and your child Athlete of contracting the disease.
To manage this risk, the Club through its coaches and staff (collectively, “Staff”), the Athletes and each Parent must cooperate to comply with preventive measures and health guidelines including but not limited to the following:
- A Staff, Athlete or parent will not attend a Club activity if anyone in your household is COVID positive, anyone in your household has COVID symptoms, or anyone in your household has recently (within 10 days) had close contact with a COVID positive person;
- Each Staff, Athlete or parent is recommended to take a body temperature measurement 30 minutes before each activity;
- The Staff will communicate regularly with each Athlete and observe Athletes for any signs or symptoms of the COVID-19 virus;
- Training sessions will use social distancing when possible;
- Athletes should properly sanitize their equipment after every session;
- Athletes must use their own water bottle, towel, and personal hygiene products;
- Physical contact between Athletes during training will be in alignment with developing medical guidance;
- Staff and Athletes should wash or sanitize hands before every session;
- Staff will wear appropriate personal protective equipment;.
- Athletes are strongly recommended to wear a cloth, surgical, or similar face covering during activities.
By signing below, you (on behalf of yourself and your children as “You”): (1) acknowledge the risk of infection with the COVID-19 virus notwithstanding the Club’s effort to mitigate this risk; (2) voluntarily agree to follow reasonable instructions by the Club, set forth above and as may be required in the future from time-to-time, to mitigate the risk of infection to You, the Staff, and the Clubs’ Athletes; and (3) You assume the risks of infection by the COVID-19 virus in participating in soccer activities offered by the Club. Activities include practices, matches, team activities and possibly travel to other facilities not under the control of the Club for soccer matches; and (4) You understand that you must adhere to any changes in COVID-19 related club policies which would be communicated through email and the club website.
By signing below, you represent that you have carefully reviewed and fully considered this document, made the representations in this Agreement voluntarily and agree to the following waiver of Club’s liability:
RELEASE CLAUSE. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks described in this Agreement and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) and myself related to or arising from the COVID-19 virus, including, but not limited to, personal injury, illness, death, damage, monetary loss, claim, liability, or expense of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s participation at the Club or Club activities (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release the Club, Oregon Youth Soccer Club (“OYSA”), US Youth Soccer, US Soccer and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents, coaches, independent contractors, chaperones, representatives, and members of the Club from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action, whether resulting from negligence or otherwise, of every nature and in conjunction with a Club activity as set forth in this Agreement.
Updated on 10/10/2021